Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Excuses Excuses

If you've noticed I haven't posted in the last two days.  Also, if you check the Week 5 post you will see I didn't do exercise, audio, read or blog on Monday or Tuesday (remember reading lags a day because I count the night before).  Ok I feel like I need to give an explaination...er... excuse.  I heard once that excuses are like armpits, everyone's got at least two and both of 'em stink!  I have also heard just because it's an excuse doesn't mean it isn't true!  Remember me asking for your grace in allowing me to be human.  Well, here's my excuse...

I woke up Monday morning with a stiff neck.  I don't know what I did but as the day progressed it turned into a migraine.  Not just a little headache, but the kind of migraine that felt like my head would explode if it moved.  Also, sound and light were like someone was crashing cymbals with my head in the middle sooooo... the exercise, audio and reading just didn't happen as well as the blog.  I did manage to talk to some people on the phone, facebook and email. 

Tuesday was even worse.  I didn't sleep well on top of the migraine AND ibuprofin wasn't even touching it.  I had some tingling in my left hand so maybe I had a pinched nerve.  Well, the exercise, audio, book and blog didn't happen again. 

Last night I slept with a round pillow (you know the kind that looks like a log) under my neck.  It seemed to help.  This morning the neck was stiff but no headache!!! Yea!!! So today I was back on track.

I really don't like excuses but I just thought people might be wondering what was up.  The point of this is that I didn't let my excuses to stop me. This is where most people give up and quit.  Why?  I don't know maybe they just wanted an excuse or maybe they are just ashamed they "slipped up".  It doesn't really matter.  That was yesterday, draw a line in the sand and move on.  So that's my story and I'm sticking to it. (it is the truth, remember that blog about me not being able to lie?)  During those two days I did manage all other items.  It just goes to show how easy my list is!

I'm living on the eighth day, right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment