Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day One Down - 364 To Go

Well, here is my checklist for today! I am proud to say it is all done! Sort of, I still have to read 10 pages but I always read before going to sleep so that one is no problem. I did read 10 pages last night so I'm going to check it. I have to say the rest weren't as easy but as the proverbs say, "The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."

I did my official weigh in: 160 pounds YUK!!! How did that happen? I know The Slight Edge at work, one unhealthy bite at a time is how it happened. I joined the 30 pound club at http://www.drchet.com/. So far so good... I was on a roll.

Ok here comes the excuse part...

Today is not only Sunday it is also the last day that Jeff was home. For those who don't know, my husband, Jeff, works as a contractor in Long Beach, CA. We live in Phoenix, AZ. It's a long commute. Anyway, he was home from December 24th until today. That in saying the morning was not my typical schedule. I would usually pray with my prayer partner first thing, followed by exercise while listening to audio, followed by a phone call to Jeff. Well, that's what I always "plan" to do. For the last five months I have only gotten in the two phone calls on a consistent basis (and still not daily at that). Possibly another reason for the 160, no exercise? Could be. Anyway, by the time I took Jeff to the airport, I only had two checklist items done. Talk to Jeff and reach one more. The reach one more was kind of stretching it though, I met my son's friend, Brooke as I drove them to the mall. I haven't "met" her before and we "did" have a conversation. Ok that one will have to be a little better tomorrow.

So back to the story...

I'm back at home, by myself and feeling tired. Cue self talk...

"Maybe I should just take a nap, it had already gotten dark, and I couldn't use my gazelle (which is outside). I'll just start fresh tomorrow. NO!!! TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY!!! Where is this going if I don't even start on my first day? Get your butt up Paula and do it."

I rode my bike on its trainer in the garage. I'm proud to say I even maintained an 80% heart rate. My legs now feel like rubber but I DID IT. I also listened to an audio. (A very appropriate one about pounding away at a goal like a battering ram on a castle wall) Then I ate a bunch of veggies and bowl of chili for dinner. I'm proud to say it was ONE SMALL bowl of chili. This was a challenge in itself because my husband made some KILLER chili. The kind you just want to gorge yourself on, but I didn't. Then I sat down, ran a new Quicken payoff plan report and did my checklist. Done, done and done!!! Yeah me!
I'm living on the eighth day, right now!
Heart
check 30 Minute Exercise
check ate fruits or veggies
check followed payoff plan
Soul
check Prayed with prayer partner
check Talked to Jeff
check Reached out to one more
Mind
check listened to audio
check read 10 pages
check blog checklist

No comments:

Post a Comment