Friday, January 15, 2010

Where the rubber meets the road!

Today was a challenge.  I am "on the road" and writting from Coral Gables, Florida.  My 16 year old has a meet here this weekend and it has been a little bit of a crazy 24 hours.

We were supposed to fly out of Phoenix at 4pm and land at 10pm.  The meet starts tomorrow at 1pm.  We figured there would be practice on the track in the morning... NOT.  Yesterday morning we found out that the practice time would be today.  There was a 9:50 am flight with open seats, if we got to the airport early, for $50 each, we could get on that flight and he could get some practice time on the track.  I had to get everything done and arranged to leave 6 hours earlier than was planned.  So everything went into overdrive.  Well, the travel went ok.  We got on the flight with a little delay on the tarmack in Phoenix.  When we landed at the airport in Florida, one of Jake's friends texted him that the park was closed all day today.  No practice available!!!  After checking around we went to the host hotel to check in for the event and make sure the track really was closed... it was.  Then we went to our hotel and checked in.  By then it was 8pm and I had eaten a meal replacement bar and snack crackers.  So we went to dinner in the hotel.  By then it was 9pm and I needed to go back to the airport at 10 to pick up my husband (he was on the flight we were originally on).

Here's where the rubber meets the road.  How did my daily disciplines go?  (note: words with * should be read in a princessie whinnie voice)  The reading and reaching out went very well.  What else is there to do on a 4 hour plane flight but read?  And of course, we met many nice people along the way and struck up many conversations.  I was going to talk to Jeff plenty when he landed.  I prayed with my prayer partner as I drove to the airport in the morning.  Payoff plan, I simply have followed what was budgeted for this trip (no upgrades on the rental car).  Although, Tony, the nice gentleman at Budget tried to convience me that I NEEDED* a convertable for the weekend.  At dinner I REALLY* wanted the chicken quesdilla but I had the chicken ceaser salad instead.  It actually was very good.  That brought me to 9pm in the hotel room.  Exercise and audio were hurting and I didn't WANNA*... (cue self talk)  "I WAS* physically TIRED* from lugging my 50# bag around (a wheel broke).  I COULD* count that as exercise.  I'll listen to something on the way to the airport (even though it's only a 20 minute drive). I will have to write about this... (remember I can't lie) OK OK OK SHUT UP LITTLE SELF TALK VOICE*"  I put on my exercise clothes got my MP3 player and went to the fitness center.  After 30 minutes of treadmill and an awesome audio, I felt like I had conquered a major hurdle.  I got everything in today even on the road.  Now it's 1am (florida time) and I needed to type my blog.  Not gonna slip up on that one.  No more excuses after a day like today!  This was a looooooong eighth day!

I'm living on the eighth day, right now!

Heart
check 30 Minute Exercise
check ate fruits or veggies
check followed payoff plan
Soul
check Prayed with prayer partner
check Talked to Jeff
check Reached out to one more
Mind
check listened to audio
check read 10 pages
check blog checklist

No comments:

Post a Comment