Thursday, January 14, 2010

Faults

Something else Ryder said last night has gotten me thinking all day. Actually, doesn't have much to do with business. My mind kinda went off on a tangent (ADHD rears its ugly head) so try to follow my mental bunny trail.

Ryder said that we need to, "not be afraid to fail". I thought at the time, "Ya, that's true, we always learn more from our failures than our successes." Then I went on...

Today it was rattling around in my head, "Why are we afraid of failure?", "What is it that scares us?" Then I realized failure points out our faults and no one likes to think about their faults. We like to think about ourselves as perfect, we're ashamed of our faults and don't want them to be "publicly" exposed. As my thoughts trailed on, I realized that this is another area where God's economy is opposite from the world's. God created us with all of our faults, just special for His purpose. I think He is actually like a proud Papa when it comes to our faults. I imagined this conversation with God, "Look, look at this one!" as He claps His hands joyfully and points to one of man, "See? Look at his fault AND he's a really good man, with My help he's going to become a spiritual leader. He will be a great man, remembered by generations to come! I'm gonna use that particular fault of his to reach his wife! She's is LOADED with faults! Look, look at her!! What a triumphant creation of faults! She's a procrastinator, painfully shy, strong-willed, hot-tempered, disorganized, and almost agnostic (well not against Me but the world's church). I'm going to put her in a business that requires people skills, self-motivation, personal growth, and organization skills. She will be required to go out and meet strangers and THEN get on a stage and talk about it! When people see her story they will know beyond a shadow of a doubt that it was ME who triumphed because I created her with no skills of her own and a ton of faults to overcome. Whew! What a work she is! She is SO extra special to Me because I had to work extra to make one with so many faults in one package."

We are such a work of art but not by the world's standard. To God, we're more like opals than diamonds. It's our faults that make us beautiful and colorful to Him.

I'm living on the eighth day, right now!

Heart
check 30 Minute Exercise
check ate fruits or veggies
check followed payoff plan
Soul
check Prayed with prayer partner
check Talked to Jeff
check Reached out to one more
Mind
check listened to audio
check read 10 pages
check blog checklist

No comments:

Post a Comment