Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day Three - OW!!!

Day two was fairly easy – got everything done early, felt good, went to bed and slept good etc. etc.

Day three, here’s where the rubber meets the road! First hurdle is doing it on day one, getting started, taking the first step...  Second hurdle keep doing it when you’re sore and don't want to. OMG am I sore!!! Sunday caught up with me today! The Fibromyalgia really kicked back.  I'm so glad I have the two ladies in my abandonment group or I think I would give it up about now. That’s why we write goals down, set a time, speak it, affirm it, be accountable…

As I was doing my 30 minutes exercise, I listened to an audio.  It was about writing affirmations.  JUST what I needed to hear.  Do you think that God provides the lessons we need WHEN we need them or do our brains FINALLY hear the lessons when we're ready?  I think I prefer to believe that God makes our brain ready to hear the lesson when we need it!

Here are the nine guidelines to writing effective affirmations:
1. Start with the words "I am", your subconscious interprets it as a command.
2. It should be in the present tense, as if it's already done.
3. State it in the positive, your subsconscious doesn't hear negative words i.e. no or not.
4. Keep it brief!  We can easily remember advertisement jingles.
5. Make it specific and visual.
6. Include an action word ending with "ing".
7. Include an emotion or feeling word.
8. Make it for yourself and not others.
9. Add "or something better" if your affirmation includes a specific physical item, because you never know what God has in store for you.

So I think I did pretty well with my "sign-off" affirmation.  "I'm living on the eighth day, right now!"  Although at the time I wrote it, I didn't think of it as an affirmation but as the days have gone by it's what I've hung onto and been playing in my head to keep going.  "living on the eighth day, living on the eighth day, living on the eighth day..."  Sort of like the Little Engine that could, "I think I can, I think I can".  I felt like I needed a powerful way to close my blogs and I really liked Dr. Chet's sign off of "What are you willing to do today?"  It came to me as I blogged the excerpt of the "eighth day".  (See Ball-Peen Hammer Moment)  It gave me the visual of doing it now, not waiting another day!  It also gave me a sense of living on borrowed time since there isn't REALLY an eighth day.  Let's break it down as an effective affirmation, numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 8 DONE!  I am missing a feeling word, number 7, but it does have an exclamation and it is getting to be a very emotional mantra for me.  Finally, it isn't a physical item so it doesn't have number 9.  What would be "better than" an eighth day?  A ninth day?

Tomorrow I will discuss how I came up with my "soul" daily disciplines.  Until then...

I'm living on the eighth day, right now!

Heart
check 30 Minute Exercise
check ate fruits or veggies
check followed payoff plan
Soul
check Prayed with prayer partner
check Talked to Jeff
check Reached out to one more
Mind
check listened to audio
check read 10 pages
check blog checklist

No comments:

Post a Comment